You are here
SUNY Potsdam Insurance Plan (SPIP)
All domestic, matriculated, graduate or undergraduate SUNY Potsdam students enrolled for 12 or more credit hours in a semester are required to have health insurance coverage.
How To Submit A Health Insurance Waiver
You must be registered for 12 or more credit hours before you can waive. After registering for classes, please wait 24 hours before attempting to waive.
If you have any technical problems with the waiver process, please contact Haylor, Freyer, & Coon's college division (800-289-1501 ext. 2384) or Student Health Services (315-267-2377).
Insurance waivers may only be submitted online. The links become available on June 19th for the fall semester on June 19th and November 6th for the spring semester.
- BearPAWS > New Student Services > SUNY Potsdam Insurance Plan Waiver Link
Clicking the waiver link will take you to the UHC website where you will be asked to submit information from your health insurance card. Please have your card available. You will be notified by UHC immediately whether or not your waiver is approved. If the waiver is approved, the SPIP premium will be removed from your student bill 1-2 business days after that.
How To Voluntarily Enroll In The SUNY Potsdam Insurance Plan
- If you are a matriculated SUNY Potsdam student enrolled for 12 or more credit hours in a semester DO NOT submit an insurance waiver. Call Haylor, Freyer & Coon at 1-800-289-1501, ext. 2384 to enroll and activate your insurance account. The SPIP premium will remain on your student bill.
- Any matriculated SUNY Potsdam student taking 1 - 11 credit hours, or any non-matriculated SUNY Potsdam taking at least 1 credit hour, may choose to enroll in the SPIP. To enroll, please contact Haylor, Freyor & Coon at 1-800-289-1501, ext. 2384.
SUNY Potsdam Insurance Plan Coverage Details
The SPIP is an accident and health insurance policy that is available as an option for SUNY Potsdam students to purchase if they do not have their own health insurance plan. If you purchase the SPIP each semester, you are covered for a full year, even when you are not on campus and during the summer. The policy is underwritten by United Healthcare Insurance Company of New York. Click the link below to see the premium amount and to read a summary of the coverage.
- SPIP Highlight Sheet
- My Account Information (PDF)
- Electronic ID Card Information (PDF)
- Student Dental Insurance Plan Benefits (PDF)
SUNY Potsdam's service representative is Haylor, Freyer, & Coon, P.O. Box 4743, Syracuse, NY 13221.
Phone: (800) 289-1501 and (866) 535-0456