The SUNY Potsdam College Counseling Center is committed to providing the best possible mental health care while keeping our community safe from COVID. To this end, we strictly enforce guidelines from the NYS Governor, SUNY Systems Administration, and SUNY Potsdam Administration in conjunction with our licensing bodies and therapeutic best practice.
For Staff and Faculty
It is normal to experience a range of emotional reactions to this evolving public health situation. This may include worries about loved ones, direct or indirect experiences of stigma or racial discrimination, practical considerations related to educational barriers, financial strain and other personal concerns.
We have created a Microsoft Team specifically for staff and faculty on campus. Please join the Mental Health Resources team.
If you are in CRISIS (at risk of taking your own or someone else’s life, unable to resist urges of severe self-harm, are seeing, hearing or sensing things you know are not there) please call:
- CPH Emergency (315) 265-3300
- Potsdam PD (315) 265-2121
- Reachout: (315) 265-2422
Additional options for support at any time:
- Reachout, Potsdam’s 24/7 crisis hotline: (315) 265-2422
- Tribal Support: 800-662-HELP (4357)
- The Trevor Project: 866-488-7386
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- University Police: (315) 267-2222
- Suicide Prevention: 800-SUICIDE (800-784-2433) OR 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)