SUNY Potsdam Response
President Esterberg has convened a team of SUNY Potsdam faculty and staff representing important areas of campus to monitor and respond to the international spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, in keeping with our Infectious Disease Plan. The College is in daily contact with the New York State Department of Health and SUNY System Administration, and our response group is meeting regularly to track the situation.
While there is currently no vaccine to prevent this virus, these simple steps can help stop the spread of this and other respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others, for example when you are at the grocery store.
College Counseling Center
The College Counseling Center continues to be available through video-chat for student counseling as well as faculty/staff debrief and support. Click the link below for important contact information.
Student Health Services is now a fully call-in center for the foreseeable future. To make an appointment, call (315) 267-2377.