Access to Facilities and On-campus Events
SUNY Potsdam will continue to restrict public access to campus buildings and limit on campus activities/events through the Fall 2020 semester.
Due to the new social spacing directives and the staffing limitations we are faced with, SUNY Potsdam is now restricting public access to most campus buildings until further notice, out of safety and staffing concerns.
- The Maxcy Hall Athletic Complex facilities including the Fitness Center will be closed to the public until further notice.
- The Merritt Hall pool remains permanently closed.
- All Maxcy Club members and Swim Club members will have their contracts extended, so that once the facilities reopen, community members will be able to utilize those facilities for the same amount of time in the future that they will miss due to this closure.
College Sponsored Events and Activities
All College-sponsored events and activities that would involve in-person gatherings of 25 people or more have been canceled, postponed, or will be reworked for a virtual format.
- Third party events and activities for the Fall 2020 semester will be canceled or postponed.
- In an effort to support our frontline workers and emergency responders, professional development activities that adhere to the social distancing guidelines will be allowed. To inquire about the use of space for this purpose, please call (315) 267-2128.
- To check on the status of a particular event, please contact the sponsoring department or organization, or call the switchboard at (315) 267-2000.