You are here
The Writers' Block
Free personal assistance on writing at any point in your writing process on an assignment, scholarship application, etc.
The Writers' Block offers free individual tutoring on writing in three locations. Plan ahead and book your appointment; details below. We also offer email feedback.
No one writes perfectly on the first try! But you're in luck: we can help you figure it out.
- Talk with a tutor and see your writing in a new light, even if you're just getting started.
- Bring in your assignment, your draft, your concerns -- whatever you've got. Working with a tutor will help you build on what you've got and produce a strong result.
- We won't tell you how to write your paper, and we won't edit your paper for you. Instead, tutors will help you write your paper how you want to.
The Writers' Block services are ALWAYS COMPLETELY FREE FOR POTSDAM STUDENTS. No Fee. Ever.
Open in four locations when Fall and Spring classes are in session.
- Weekdays, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. in Carson 105, Writers’ Block.
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 7 - 9 p.m. in Sisson 106, Academic Support Lab.
- Sundays, Noon - 6 p.m. in Crumb Library Research Center.
- EOP offices: Specific hours available for EOP students only.
Walk-in appointments might be available at 3 p.m., 4 p.m., evenings, or Sundays.
See us up to five times/week! Just please don’t stand us up; see Cancellation Policy.
Book your sessions by visiting Carson 105, calling (315) 267-3059, OR emailing email@example.com. Also see our Tutor Request Form.
Email feedback is available within 36 hours on weekdays. See guidelines on the left of this page and email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
Contact: Dr. Jennifer Mitchell at email@example.com.