You are here
Center for Excellence in Mathematics & Science Education
Where Educators Collaborate, Research, Teach and Learn.
The Center (located in Satterlee 301) is an initiative to coordinate faculty efforts in support of innovations in teacher preparation, curriculum development and professional development.
The state-of-the-art teaching facility is dedicated to deepening the preparation of mathematics and science teachers at all grade levels.
The classroom includes:
- a dual-platform computer podium with integrated document camera, projector and sound system
- an interactive SMART board with AirLiner
- a classroom set of graphing calculators with probes to collect and analyze data
- twenty notebook computers with wireless access
- a science area with three lab tables and storage
- movable furniture to facilitate collaboration
In addition, a Classroom Performance System (CPS or "clickers") is planned for this classroom.
The Center for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Education
Satterlee Hall 301