Our flexible online and hybrid programs can transform your life and career—no matter where you started, or where you’re going.
- M.S. in Management: Be a change-maker. This flexible degree can be earned all online or with a combination of in-person classes. Choose from 3 tracks: Organizational Leadership, Information Technology, or Training & Human Capital Development)
- M.S.Ed. in Literacy: Designed for working and aspiring educators. Prepare for your initial certification (Birth-Grade 6 or Grades 5-12), or complete professional certification requirements. An in-person study option is also available.
- Advanced Certificate in College Teaching: Lead with confidence in the college classroom with this fully online post-master’s certificate program
- M.S.T. in Childhood Education: Leads to certification in Grades 1 to 6, with an option to add Birth to Grade 2 certification. Designed for future educators, no matter your academic background. 70% of coursework is online, with 3 in-person executive sessions held on weekends to fit busy schedules!
- Advanced Certificate in Educational Leadership: Leads to certification as a School Building Leader (SBL) and School District Leader (SDL). Online and flexible hybrid coursework, with executive weekends in residence for a summer leadership institute.
“The online literacy program allows for a more flexible approach when building towards a teaching career. This program allows for experiences within school districts, shadowing a literacy specialist, and diverse opportunities to engage with peers remotely. Online learning is the new and improved avenue to connect with others in a professional manner!”
Online & Hybrid Courses
Students can incorporate online or hybrid courses as part of your undergraduate or graduate studies here at Potsdam, too! This is a great option for catching up during Summer or Winter Session. Learn more about registering for distance learning courses:
Registering for Distance Learning Courses
SUNY Potsdam students can register for DL courses through BearPAWS:
- Login to BearPAWS
- Choose Distance Learning from the Schedule Type drop-down menu.
- Click Class Search at the bottom of the page to view courses.
Undergraduate non-matriculated or visiting students:
- Go to the Non-Matriculated Undergraduate Admissions web page to access the non-matriculated application
Graduate non-matriculated or visiting students:
- Go to the Graduate Application Process web page and refer to the Non-Matriculated Students section.
Cross-Registered students: Students enrolled at SUNY Canton, St. Lawrence University, or Clarkson University (members of the Associated Colleges of the St. Lawrence Valley) may cross-register at SUNY Potsdam.
- For more information, see Cross-Registration on the Office of the Registrar's web page.
Students enrolled at another SUNY institution who wish to register for an online course should contact the Office of the Registrar.
For more information or to login to Moodle, our Learning Management System, visit Moodle Services and Support.