Printer-friendly version

Apply Now


Undergraduate Admission

Freshman Applicants

Potsdam accepts the SUNY Application or the Common Application. Freshman applicants must complete Option 1 or Option 2 for admissions consideration. Please only complete one of the two applications.

The State University of New York

Option 1: SUNY Application

Submit the following:

  • The SUNY Application ( The fee is $50.
  • Official high school transcript(s).
  • SUNY Supplemental Application.
  • One letter of recommendation (or form allowing for individual comments) from a school based counselor or teacher.

Option 2: Common Application

Please note: The Common Application closes on July 1st. Your application must be completed in its entirety by June 30th or you will need to reapply using the SUNY Application.

Common Application Logo

Submit the following:

Note: If you submit the paper version of the Common Application, you must submit SUNY Potsdam's Supplement to the Common Application. Do not complete this form if you submitted the Common Application online.

Introducing ZeeMee

At SUNY Potsdam, we're setting our sights higher. In an effort to get-to-know our applicants, we have partnered with ZeeMee, a free service that helps students bring their application to life. As part of a holistic review, we are committed to learning about the person behind the application. Simply copy and paste your link into the SUNY Potsdam application.  Sign up at Please note, submitting a ZeeMee profile is completely optional and evaluation of your admissions application will not be delayed as long as all required materials are received.


Crane School of Music

Admission to The Crane School consists of two parts: 1) acceptance by Crane following successful completion of the Crane audition process; and 2) academic admission by the College. Read more about the audition process.


Please visit Application Process for Transfer Students.


Please visit the Requirements for International Students website.


Graduate Students

If you would like to apply to the MST, MSEd, MM, MA, MS or Advanced Certificate programs, please visit: Graduate School Application.