Graduate Scholarship for International Students
The SUNY Potsdam Graduate Scholarship for International Students is designed to provide support to international students intending to pursue full time graduate study at SUNY Potsdam. To determine your scholarship award, the committee will consider your application, official academic transcript and essay.
Am I eligible?
- You must be an international student applying to SUNY Potsdam for matriculation into a graduate program, with plans to enroll full time (at least 9 credits) for the summer, fall or spring semester.
What do I need to do?
- Submit a scholarship application for the semester you are entering SUNY Potsdam.
To receive the scholarship you must be accepted to SUNY Potsdam as a matriculated graduate student, with full time enrollment for the summer, fall or spring semester.
What about the scholarship application?
- Submit the application online. If your answers do not fit in the application's fields, you may edit your text or submit a paper application; or
- Download/Print the scholarship application (PDF format) and submit it to our office
When is the scholarship application due?
- Your completed application must be on file with us by April 1 for the summer semester, July 1 for the fall semester, and December 1 for the spring semester. Please submit your documents early to allow for enough time to process your visa. Applications completed after this date will be reviewed if funding allows. It is the student's responsibility to check if the application is complete.
- Scholarship eligibility may be affected by the estimated cost of attendance and by other sources of aid received.
- NCAA Division III regulations prohibit the consideration of athletic ability, participation, leadership or performance in awarding scholarships.
- The Graduate Scholarship for International Students May Not be used in conjunction with the SUNY Potsdam Korean Initiative.