You are here
Accessing Shared Mailboxes (Mac)
To access a shared mailbox from the Outlook desktop client for Mac:
- Select “Preferences” from the “Outlook” menu at the top of your screen (next to the Apple Menu).
- Click on “Accounts” in the first row of icons.
- Click on the “Advanced” item in the bottom-right corner of the Accounts window.
- Select “Delegates” at the top of the Advanced window.
- Click the plus (“+”) sign at the bottom of the Delegates window, under “People I am delegate for:”.
- Search on the name of the shared mailbox to which you have access.
- Click “Add”.
- Click “OK” and then close the Preferences.
The shared mailbox should now show up on the left along with your personal mailboxes when viewing Mail.
To "Send As" a different e-mail address using the Mac desktop client for Outlook:
If you have been given privilege to send mail as another user, you will see the "From" field exposed. Click on the arrows to the right of your name to select another user (see screenshot below).