You are here
Our Emerging Leaders family!
Some of our group members got festive staffing our Candy Cane Giveaway event!
Apart from planning awesome events and fundraising for the Student Gift, we also get to have fun by bonding as a group during our meetings, through activities such as karaoke, game nights, scavenger hunts, lip sync battles, as pictured here, and much more!
Members of Emerging Leaders become part of a large family of alumni upon graduation, going on to successful careers!
Become an Emerging Leader
Are you interested in building your leadership skills? Do you want to meet new people, make new friends, and network with various faculty, staff, and alumni? Are you looking to make a difference on campus and leave your mark on SUNY Potsdam? Are you hoping to build your resume and gain standout leadership experience?
Apply for Emerging Leaders! We are a fun, awesome group of students who are dedicated to leadership development and giving back to the college by raising money for the Student Gift, which benefits the college’s Greatest Needs Fund. No leadership experience is necessary to apply!
Benefits of Becoming Emerging Leaders
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Learn how to work with and lead a team
- Network with a variety of students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Step into various leadership roles by chairing committees and events, and through serving as a member on our Board of Trustees
- Learn the process of event planning and executing events
- Leave your mark on SUNY Potsdam by creating new events
- Attend a special weekend leadership development retreat and high ropes course
- Learn about yourself and your leadership styles through StrengthsQuest, a self-assessment which provides you with your top 5 strengths out of 34 strengths
- Build your resume with valuable leadership experience
- Become a part of a long-standing organization on campus with a vast network of successful alumni
- Make new friends and meet new people
Interested in joining Emerging Leaders?
We accept new members every Fall; be sure to fill out an application (PDF), and submit your application at the next advertised mandatory information session! Be sure to connect with us on social media; follow us on Instagram (@pdamemergingleaders) and like us on Facebook (SUNY Potsdam Emerging Leaders)!