You are here
What qualifies for expedited review?
- Fits one of the 9 expedited review categories
- Involves no more than minimal risk. The expedited review procedure may NOT be used where the study poses more than minimal risk to the participants. More than minimal risk could occur when:
- identification of the subjects and/or their responses would reasonably place them at risk of criminal or civil liability or be damaging to the subject’s financial standing, employability, insurability, reputation, or be stigmatizing, unless reasonable and appropriate protections will be implemented so that risks related to invasion of privacy and breach of confidentiality are no greater thanminimal.
- Subjects are deceived in the research
- The research is taking place in another country
- Subjects are members of vulnerable/protected populations such as children (under 18 years of age), prisoners, pregnant women, etc.
- Subjects are offered remuneration for participation
How to apply for expedited review
There are no deadlines for submitting an project for expedited review
Visit the Forms Webpage to access the "Application for Permission to Involve Human Subjects in Research - Expedited or Full Board Review".