Printer-friendly version

Instructions to Complete Student Employment Agreement Form


  • Please print legibly. (There is a fillable PDF available on our website)
  • Name: please provide your legal name as it appears on your social security card.
  • US Social Security #: please provide the entire 9 digit number
  • Date of Birth: please make sure to provide your complete date of birth MM/DD/YYYY
  • Legal Home Address: This is your physical home address. If you have your mail delivered to a PO Box please provide that in the Other Address line.
  • New York State Employees? Retirement System: Please select one.
  • Direct Deposit: Enroll by completion of a form from the website: or stop by our office, 219 Raymond Hall.

    • All parties listed on the bank account need to sign this form
    • Voided check must be attached or a representative from your bank must fill out the form
    • If already enrolled please contact us to confirm your current banking information @ x2709.
  • Please remember to sign and date the form.


  • Please print legibly. (There is a fillable PDF available on our website.)
  • Department: Please provide the name of the department the student will be working for.
  • Account #: This is either the work study account or state account you want the student?s wages to be charged to.
  • Employment Dates: You must provide a start and end date of employment. Please provide the month, day and year. Work study students may not start until the first day of classes and must be done on the last of day finals.
  • Hourly Rate: Please specify a rate. This is the rate that will be paid for the life of the contract unless a revised contract is submitted.

    Please refer to the Student Handbook for current minimum wage and maximum allowed rates of pay.
  • Allocation: The dollar amount budgeted for the student to earn. Note: we do not track student assistant contracts, an expenditure tracking spreadsheet is available on our website.
  • Please remember to sign and date the form. If other staff members will be signing time sheets, they should also sign the form.

Instructions for Non-Resident Employment

  • The student needs to come to Human Resources with the following documents:

    • I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status
    • I-94 Arrival-Departure Record
    • VISA
    • Passport

      Canadian students do not need a VISA.

Rules of Employment

  • Student Employment Appointment Form with I-9, W-4 and IT 2104 or IT 2104E: must be submitted by the department and approved by Human Resources before timesheets may be processed. Please submit these employment forms as soon as the student is confirmed to work. Do not hold these documents to submit with the first timesheet.
  • Student Assistant: Students in good academic standing may be allowed to work more than 20 hours a week while classes are in session. Students who are struggling academically should continue to be limited to 20 hours per week. THE MAXIMUM HOURS THAT CAN BE W ORKED PER W EEK IS 40. (This includes the total number of hours worked within multiple departments.) Exception: F1 students may only work 20 hours per week while school is in session.
  • Federal Work Study: Students may work a maximum of 20 hours per week while school is in session.
  • Breaks: Students working more than 6 consecutive hours are required to take a one-half hour break, which must be recorded on the timesheet.
  • Paychecks: can be picked up at Purchasing & Payables Office on the 4th Floor of Raymond Hall.