You are here
Office of Institutional Effectiveness
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness at SUNY Potsdam is to ensure student success and promote strategic planning and continuous data-driven improvement of academic and non-academic programs and services by facilitating data collection, analysis and reporting of the assessment of student learning, institutional assessment, and institutional research.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness will achieve its mission by accomplishing the following goals:
- Serve as the university's primary data source for accountability reports to Federal and State governments, and various educational and commercial agencies. Ensure the integrity of data reported.
- Provide accurate and timely research and analysis of institutional data to the campus community for the purpose of guiding institutional decisions and support student success.
- Lead, coordinate and provide guidance to departments regarding the outcomes assessment process and the reporting associated with the activities/process.
- Provide leadership throughout the University's accreditation process and support the research and evaluation efforts of administrative offices and academic departments on campus.
- Support institutional assessment through the administration of assessment tools and the analysis and interpretation of data collected.
- Lead and coordinate the assessment of the General Education program.
If you cannot find the Institutional data that you require on our website, you can submit a request for data or assistance from our department by simply contacting the Office of Institutional Effectiveness using the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please supply detailed information about the kind of data or assistance that you are seeking along with contact information. A request ticket will be generated and we will attempt to assist you as quickly as possible.
Student Learning Assessment Emphasis
SUNY Potsdam is committed to providing a high quality educational experience for all students. We place emphasis on the assessment of student learning and the analysis and use of assessment data for the purpose of continuous improvement.
Dedicated to nurturing a "culture of assessment" a Campus Academic Assessment Committee (CAAC), comprised of Department Assessment Coordinators, meets regularly to develop and implement ongoing and systematic assessment plans and strategies.