You are here
What is SSC Campus?
Created by the Education Advisory Board (EAB), the Student Success Collaborative (SSC Campus) provides a more seamless way for faculty, advising, and student service areas to organize and share electronic communications regarding our SUNY Potsdam undergraduates. SSC Campus is an important step forward in creating a coordinated care network for the entire undergraduate population. SSC Campus combines technology, research, case management, and predictive analytics to help us positively influence degree completion outcomes for students. It is a powerful tool to support student success.
Use of SSC Campus will be rolled out to all faculty, staff, and advisors during the Fall 2017 semester.
SSC Campus also offers many additional features such as, cross-campus referrals and appointment scheduling, multi-modal student communications (email, text), centralized reporting, swipe card kiosks, and much more.
The application is designed around a three-stage model: triage, assess, and intervene:
- Triage: using advanced search, early alerts, and other risk identifiers, staff can proactively find students in need of help instead of waiting for students to come to them or reactively reaching out to them after the student is already off path.
- Assess: student profiles show key trends that contribute to outcomes such as GPA trend, credit accumulation, and student performance. The data is shown in a way that highlights issues most likely to cause risk to the student's outcome, such as poor performance in a key course or a declining GPA trend, making it easier for the advisor to suggest solutions.
- Intervene: the student profile gives the advisor several ways to reach out to the student and note these interventions, as well as set reminders for follow up with the student"
During the Fall 2017 term, faculty and advisors will use SSC Campus for a number of processes, including:
- Early Alerts (now known as Progress Reports)
- Academic Intervention Requests (now known as Alerts)
- Scheduling advising appointments
- Following up on advising appointments
- Communicating with students and other advisors
In the Spring 2018 term, SSC Campus will be expanded to campus tutoring services.