Student Health Services
Student Health Services' Mission at SUNY Potsdam is to maintain an environment that supports academic and personal development.This includes reducing health related barriers to learning and guiding students toward the development of a personal wellness program that will lay the foundation for a healthy life.
Hours of Operation
School Year (when classes are in session):
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Summer and School Breaks:
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Student Health Services will be closed on the following dates:
- Thanksgiving: November 26 - 28
- Winter Holidays: December 24 - 1
- Memorial Day: May 25
First floor of Van Housen Hall
How to Schedule an Appointment
Appointments can be scheduled online 24/7 through BearPAWS.
- Go to BearPAWS > New Student Services > Student Health Services Portal
- Once on the Portal, click on "New Appointment" on the upper left of the screen
- Select the following:
- Date – the day on which you wish to have your appointment
- Clinic – no need to select this as there is only one clinic at SUNY Potsdam
- Select the name of the medical provider you wish to see
- If you have no preference, choose "All."
- Appointment Reason
- Select the reason you need the appointment, which allows an appropriate amount of time with your medical provider.
- Reasons are organized by the body area involved.For example, if you have a headache select"Head problem not due to injury."
- Click "Search."If no appointments appear:
- try a different day
- try "All" as the provider
- try "Advanced Search" and search a range of dates for an appointment
- Click on your preferred appointment date and time
- Confirm your appointment was scheduled:
- "Appointment Scheduled" should appear immediately after you select your appointment time
- The appointment should appear on the home page in the box with a yellow banner labeled"Currently Scheduled Appointments."
- Call Student Health Services if you have any difficulties
What to do When you Arrive for Your Appointment
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to check in on the kiosks in the waiting room
- Bring your student ID and your insurance information with you
- If you are late, your appointment may be used by another student
- Please be considerate and call to cancel appointments you cannot use so another student can be seen in your place.
Student Health Services
44 Pierrepont Avenue
Phone: (315) 267-2377
Fax: (315) 267-3260