Emerging Leaders Program
Emerging leaders are committed and motivated students who seek to develop as leaders and give back to SUNY Potsdam. Once students join the program, they may remain valued members of the group throughout their undergraduate years at Potsdam. No prior leadership experience is required to participate.
Emerging Leaders Details
The program kicks off with a weekend-long retreat which will be held in October. At the retreat, Emerging Leaders:
- Meet and build relationships with other students and staff involved with the program
- Explore their own leadership styles and participate in numerous activities focused on leadership development
- Gain insights on the opportunities for involvement at Potsdam
- Learn about the importance of student giving at SUNY Potsdam
The three goals of Emerging Leaders are to:
- Develop leadership
- Cultivate a love of the College among the student population through planning and implementing service projects on campus to enhance SUNY Potsdam.
- Organize initiatives and fundraising to help foster student giving to the College
Emerging Leaders meets weekly on Tuesdays at 6:30 pm in the Fireside Lounge, Student Union.
****Student participation at the Retreat in the Program is completely free. However, students must commit to attend the entire retreat as well as participate in the activities that will occur throughout the year after the retreat.