Veteran & Military Services
- SUNY Potsdam honored as Military-Friendly by two publications! (Read More)
- The State University of New York at Potsdam welcomes all students with prior military experience! The Veterans Program is designed to assist you with the transition from the military to College life.
- As a veteran, you are entitled to a variety of benefits that will help facilitate your pursuit of higher education at SUNY Potsdam.
- To review your benefit options, please see: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Parking Fee Waivers: Student must be a Veteran who has received an honorable discharge from their respective branch of military service. In order to receive a parking fee waiver, present a copy of your DD-214 to the University Police Office showing your honorable discharge.
- Recreational Facilities Fee Waiver: Submit a copy of your DD-214 to Patrick Massaro, Military & Veterans Student Services Coordinator, Sisson 128.
- Possible credit for military training and experience. In order to have your military transcripts evaluated, please utilize the Joint Service Transcript website and have your military transcript sent to SUNY Potsdam Admissions office.
- Graduate Student Application Fee Waiver: Available to all military/veteran students and their dependents. Please select “pay later” when completing the online graduate application. You must then contact the office of graduate admissions, (315) 267-2165, to inform them of your military/veteran or dependent status. They will then waive the $50 application fee.
The Student Success Center provides Official Enrollment Certification to Veterans Affairs Services
VA Certifying Official
GoArmyEd Institutional Liaison
Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Program Liaison
Military & Veterans Student Services Coordinator
Phone: (315) 267-3398
Thursday & Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Student Success Center provides official enrollment certification for our veteran students who apply for VA educational benefits to Veterans Affairs Services. The SUNY Potsdam Certifying Official is not an employee of Veterans Affairs. The Certifying Official serves as an advocate for Potsdam veteran students, assisting them with certification issues.
All students requesting certification for VA education benefits (G.I.Bill) for enrollment at SUNY Potsdam must complete the Veterans Certification Request Form Each Semester after registering for Potsdam classes:
This form may be mailed or faxed, but must be completed in full and submitted before certification for benefits will take place. We thank you very much for your cooperation with this process!
For information about the application process, please visit our Apply Now Webpage!