You are here
TRiO programs are federally funded outreach and student services programs designed to identify and provide services for individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The mission of TRiO at SUNY Potsdam is to provide the academic support
necessary to help a maximum of 200 students each year remain in school and reach graduation.
- TRiO SSS is no longer accepting applications for participation in the program.
- Prior TRiO participants may schedule brief re-activation appointments by calling (315) 267-2347 or coming into the Main Office, 119 Sisson, M-F 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- TRiO participants must have a demonstrated need for academic support; they must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and accepted for college enrollment.
- Participants must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- be a first generation college-student, i.e., neither parent has a four year college degree, and/or
- must have a family income within the limits set by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by the TRiO Office, and/or
- have documentation of a physical, emotional and/or learning disability.
TRiO participants are expected to:
- be responsible for responding to communication from TRiO via standard methods;
- complete a Study Skills, Financial Literacy and Strengths Quest activity as recommended by TRiO staff;
- be prepared for, attend and participate in classes, tutoring sessions, staff appointments, etc.;
- allow TRiO staff to track their academic progress and make recommendations;
- give TRiO staff permission to discuss their participation in the program with faculty, staff and tutors to provide relevant and timely services .
Academic Skills and Support
Financial Literacy and Planning Guidance
Graduate School and Career Preparation
Application and Reactivation forms are available in the TRiO Main Office, 119 Sisson, between 8 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.