You are here
Whether you’re stopping by the TRIO office just to say hi or you need to make an appointment, we always love to see our students!
TRIO participants from SUNY Potsdam, SUNY Canton and Clarkson University, as well as Assemblywoman Addie Jenne, volunteer for Head Start during TRIO’s annual TRIO Day Event.
All freshmen are provided with a TRIO Peer Mentor every fall. This mentor is available to help you with your initial transition to campus life. Mentors can advise you on anything - from where to get the best cup of coffee to the importance of seeing your professor during office hours, and everything in between. Meet Our Mentors
All TRIO students are eligible for one 1-on-1 peer tutor every semester.
We are no longer accepting applications or tutor requests for the Fall 2018 semester. If you would like to apply to TRIO please see us the first week of the spring semester.
TRIO Mission Statement
It is TRiO’s mission to help low-income, first generation, and/or disabled students graduate from university. This is achieved through the implementation of an all-encompassing approach to the “college experience”. TRIO assists students by providing academic counseling and tutoring, helping them to become financially literate, offering guidance on pursuance of a graduate degree, and providing advice to students when they experience day-to-day, non-academic issues.
Earning a college degree is difficult. Becoming a TRIO student can make the difference in getting to graduation.
First Time Participants
Please use the following eligibility guidelines to determine if you qualify for use of TRIO services.
Please call TRIO at (315) 267-2347 if you have questions about this application requirement.
- Having trouble learning a certain subject? Check out this link!
- The FAFSA application is now available (FAFSA Website)
- Progress Reports are out! Find out how to view your Progress Report here (PDF).
- The last day to S/U or withdrawal from a class is Nov 2. If you are thinking of this option please come see a TRIO staff member and talk to financial aid.
- Advising begins Oct 15th. Come see a TRIO staff member before you meet with your advisor so we can help you plan for next semester.
- Congratulations Othman Ladan for your wonderful philanthropy work- Check out his story here.