You are here
Opportunities To Get Experience
- The department magazine Collegiate Anthropologist, published once a year.
- Laboratory and research assistantships in archaeology and biological anthropology.
- Teaching assistantships.
- Independent research with faculty mentors.
- Preparing museum exhibits.
- Planning the Northeastern Anthropological Association annual meeting.
- Internships in North Country schools, businesses, government offices and social work agencies.
- Summer expeditions to archaeological dig sites in the North Country and elsewhere. Recently, students have excavated on land in the Adirondacks linked to the 19th-century African American farming settlement known as Timbucto, and this summer they will explore the local region's prehistory through an excavation on the shoreline of the Raquette River.
- The Anthropology Club, which hosts speakers, shows films, takes field trips and provides social opportunities.