You are here
M.S.Ed., Educational Technology Specialist
This program prepares students for technology leadership and management positions in business and organizations in private industry, the military, social service agencies, K-12 schools and higher education. For students holding an Initial certification, this degree program leads to recommendation for an additional New York certification as an Educational Technology Specialist. The program meets the standards established by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and is NCATE certified. This program is also available for non K-12 students who are not seeking certification. Program start date: Summer, Fall, Spring.
What you’ll gain
- Instructional Design skills
- Technology leadership and management skills
- A broadly valued skill-set that will qualify you for positions in technology leadership and management in organizations such as military, social service agencies, K-12 schools and higher education
- Additional certification as an Educational Technology Specialist (for certification track students)
- Certification Track students will gain NYS Professional Certification in their existing certification area(s) and as an Educational Technology Specialist
Unique program features
- Program has both a certification (K-12) and non-certification track
- Students can start the program in Summer, Fall or Spring semesters
- Program is based on the ISTE, CAEP, and NYSED standards
- Projects in courses are customized to individual student backgrounds
- Applied learning is embedded throughout the program
- All students complete an internship at the end of the program
In the Fall 2012 semester, as part of a multimedia class for the MSED Educational Technology Specialist program, Trevor Dugan, Class of 2014, developed an app called PuzzleTopple. The app was published a year later and is available on both iOS and Android. Since the launch, the app has gone global, with 17,000 downloads in the Singapore region and over 25,000 downloads worldwide on iOS alone.
Program Specific Information
Dr. Anthony Betrus
Dunn Hall 393
Graduates of the program have obtained positions in, but not limited to, elementary education, secondary education, higher education, technology start-ups, and consulting firms.