Printer-friendly version

Teaching in States Other Than New York

New York State has reciprocal teacher certification agreements with every state; however, each state hasunique requirements. To find out the requirements for specific states, please access the for each state Department of Education pages.

If you need to verify the completion of a SUNY Potsdam approved teacher preparation program for certification purposes in another state, please send a completed Out of State Verification Form (accessible on each individual State site) and a stamped envelope containing the address to which you would like the verification sent. Send this to:

SUNY Potsdam
Center for School Partnerships and Teacher Certification
111 Satterlee Hall
44 Pierrepont Avenue
Potsdam, NY 13676

Phone: (315) 267-3450
Fax: (315) 267-3327