Accepting Your Award
- The College participates in the Quality Assurance Verification Program (QAP).
- Students randomly selected to participate in QAP will be notified.
- Applicants selected for the verification process will be required to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA, or they may choose to request a tax return transcript (PDF) from the IRS which can be submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
- Changes in award(s) may result if application data was estimated or inaccurate.
Conditions of Award:
- Federal and state funds awarded will be used solely for expenses related to the attendance at SUNY Potsdam.
- Satisfactory academic progress, as stated in the Undergraduate Catalog, must be maintained.
- Financial Aid Transcripts are required of entering transfer students only if requested by the Financial Aid Office.
- Confirmed Federal Pell Grant, TAP, FSEOG, Federal TEACH Grant, Federal Perkins and Direct loans will be deferred against the College bill once all outstanding requirements are complete.
- Scholarships, grants, and loans awarded by outside sources other than SUNY Potsdam must be documented for the Financial Aid Office for inclusion in the aid package.