Be part of a great tradition and join an alumni network of musicians who have achieved extraordinary success.
Thank you for your interest in The Crane School of Music and The State University of New York at Potsdam. We look forward to your application and audition. The following information is to assist you in completing the admissions process. If you have any questions,please look through the materials available via the links on this webpage. If the answer to your question is not here, please call the College and/or The Crane School at 1-877-POTSDAM (toll free). This number has an automated menu system that will allow you to contact both the College and the Crane admissions offices. Or e-mail us at email@example.com (College) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Crane).
2014-2015 Audition Dates
(for Spring and Fall 2015 admission)
On Campus Auditions
Saturday, December 13, 2014
Saturday, January 24, 2015
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Saturday, March 14, 2015
Off Campus Auditions
Long Island – Mt. Sinai High School
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Friday, February 20, 2015
Rochester – Hochstein School of Music
Friday, February 20, 2015
Central Valley – Monroe/Woodbury High School
Saturday, February 21, 2015
- Please schedule your audition no later than two weeks prior to the audition. We must close out registration at that point in order to schedule the audition day.
- There is no cost for on-campus auditions. Off-campus auditions require payment of a $50 non-refundable registration fee. For vocal auditions, regardless of audition location, students can provide their own accompanist or Crane can provide one for $30. If any payment is required, it is made at the time of registration using the (secure) audition request form.
- All auditioning students will be considered for music scholarships. However, due to the late date of our final audition this year, please note that prospective vocal students auditioning on or before February 21st will be given priority consideration for vocal scholarships.
- Percussion students must audition on campus on December 13th, February 7th or March 14th. Percussion students may also audition on Friday late-afternoon/evening on the day before Spring audition days (February 6th or March 13th), but are invited back to Crane on Saturday for information sessions and a performance by the Percussion Ensemble. Percussion students may not audition at off-campus locations.
- Piano students must audition on campus.
- The Crane School does not pre-screen auditions.
- Audition results are mailed to students and typically arrive about two or three weeks after the audition date.
- After completing your online registration, an Audition Confirmation Packet will be emailed to you.
- For those who live outside of the Northeast United States and are unable to audition for us at one of the audition sites above, please see the "General Information" link for more about video auditions. Detailed information about video auditions can be found at the bottom of that webpage.
- We are not able to schedule auditions outside of the scheduled audition dates listed on this page.