You are here
Crane Youth Music
The Crane Youth Music program will be held:
Sunday, June 24 – Saturday, July 7, 2018.
- Register Online Here (CYM Registration is open until May 30, 2018. Upon registering for CYM, we need your forms packet mailed as soon as possible.)
- View CYM Camp Forms
- Sign up for Optional Private Lessons Online
The lesson request form is for campers who have already registered for CYM using the link above.
- Make a Payment Online
The payment option is for campers who have already registered for CYM using the link above.
- Roommate Request
The optional roommate request form is for campers already registered for CYM. Click on "Add to Basket" and then "Checkout" to get to the roommate request page. (There is no cost for a roommate request.)
Check-In for all participants will take place in the Knowles Conference Center Lobby (MPR) on Sunday, June 24, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. A mandatory orientation meeting for parents and all participants is at 1 p.m. in Hosmer Hall.
Crane Youth Music (CYM) was founded in 1973 and is proud to be celebrating its 44th session this summer. To this day, CYM continues its heritage of outstanding and cost-effective musical training for middle- and high-school musicians, ages 12-18, throughout the United States. The staff includes Crane School of Music faculty supplemented by additional guest artists/teachers.
More than 250 students attend Crane Youth Music each year. In the past 42 years nearly 12,450 young musicians have participated in the program. Many CYM alumni are performing in major symphonies or teaching in universities and schools nationally. Recreational activities are available in the afternoon and evening concerts include performances by student groups, visiting artist-performers, and Crane faculty. This summer, students will once again have the opportunity to attend concerts featuring professional artists.
All students attend master classes taught by master teachers, perform in large group ensembles, and have the opportunity to receive training in music theory and aural skills. Additionally, all participants have the opportunity to perform in Crane’s outstanding choir.
- String performers participate in string sectionals and chamber music groups in addition to orchestra.
- Pianists receive individual lessons, coaching, and group piano instruction in the electronic piano labs.
- Vocalists perform in a variety of choral ensembles and work in small class lessons as well as master classes.
- Woodwind, brass and percussion instrumentalists rehearse with a band twice daily and also perform in like instrument ensembles.
CYM participants learn from master teachers in superb facilities. The four-building Crane complex houses the 1,200-seat Helen M. Hosmer Concert Hall, the 450-seat Sara M. Snell Music Theater, 15 classrooms, 4 large rehearsal rooms, 60 studios, 70 practice rooms, and a music library.