You are here
All student jobs, both Federal Work Study and Student Assistant, are posted in BearTracker through the Career Services Office.
For assistance in using BearTracker, to either search for a job or to post a job, please contact Career Services at (315) 267-2344.
Student Employment Forms
To hire a student for either a student assistantship or work study position these forms need to be completed:
- Student Employment Appointment Form
- Instructions to Complete Student Employment Appointment Form
- Confidentiality Statement
- W-4 Federal Withholding
- IT 2104 NYS Withholding
- IT 2104E Certificate for Exemption of Withholding
- I-9 (To be completed on the first day of employment, documents must be verified no later than 3 days after appointment)
- I-9 Instructions
Time and Attendance
- Schedule of Due Dates for Hourly Student Time Records
- Expenditure Tracking Spreadsheet - for supervisor or student use to track how much money has been earned/spent out of an account
**New this year: all students are required to submit online time records through www.suny.edu/hrportal
Pay checks and Direct Deposit
- Direct Deposit Form
- Paper pay checks and pay stubs for Direct Deposit will be sent to your Barrington box. If you do not have a Barrington box, it will be mailed to the address on file.
- You can Opt-Out of receiving your paper pay statements if you are 100% enrolled in direct deposit by choosing NYS Payroll Online when you log in to www.suny.edu/hrportal
- You can view your paycheck the Monday before payday by choosing View Paycheck when you log in to www.suny.edu/hrportal
- You can view and print your prior year's W-2s when you choose NYS Payroll Online when you log in to www.suny.edu/hrportal
- A brief description of New York State W-2 statements