You are here
Mission Statement: It is the mission of the Financial Aid Office to provide information and access to funding for students in the pursuit of a SUNY Potsdam education and degree. We deliver timely, accurate and transparent financial assistance to prospective, current and former students in a way that is both respectful of and sensitive to confidentiality and diversity. We foster fiscal responsibility for the SUNY Potsdam educational community and maintain the integrity of our programs in compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements and college standards.
The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping you identify the financial resources for which you may be eligible. Our staff will assist you and your family in developing financial plans to pay for an extraordinary future investment - your college education.
Stay Connected: Federal Student Aid on Facebook
The official Facebook page of the U.S. Department of Education's office of Federal Student Aid. For more information, go online.
- Financial Aid Office hours are 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday - Friday (except holidays).
- View New York State Excelsior Scholarship Information
- The 2017 Summer Aid Application is now available!
- What's Changing for 2017-2018? File the FAFSA as early as October 1, 2016 for 2017-2018!
- Reminder: Time to file your FAFSA for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Go to studentaid.ed.gov for important information about completing your FAFSA.
- Parent Loan: Are you a parent applying for a 2017-20178 Federal Direct Parent Loan? Parents may apply for 2017-2018 Parent PLUS Loans after April 1, 2017 at studentloans.gov.
- Selected for Federal Verification? For more information click here.
- IRS Data Retrieval Tool currently unavailable on FAFSA.gov and StudentLoans.gov. Student selected for federal verification should request the IRS tax return transcript.
- New regulations for limits on Direct Subsidized Loans
- To complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Federal Title IV School Code: 002850
- To complete your TAP application (New York State Tuition Assistance Program).
Select SUNY Potsdam (SUC Potsdam)
- Need to complete loan requirements (Promissory Note, Exit or Entrance Counseling)?
- Need to complete a form (Status Change, Budget Adjustment and more)?
- Expecting a refund?
Refunds are processed by the Student Accounts Office on the 4th floor of Raymond Hall.
- Financial Aid not showing up on your bill?
Check here before you pick up the phone.
“Getting a full scholarship was the biggest day of my life… I thought my big brothers were playing a joke on me. My father and I read and re-read the e-mail over and over. It was an awesome day, that’s for sure!”
Michael Gerard Draper
Class of 2011
Malcolm and Sylvia Rury Boyce Scholarship Recipient