Check your qualifications for our campus scholarships below.
Apply by our priority deadlines for first consideration!
*Special rules may apply. Based on funding allocations.
Priority deadline: Feb. 15 (offered for fall enrollment only)
- Provost Program (95+ high school GPA)
NYS: Up to $6,000
Out-of-state/international: Up to $7,500
- Dean’s Program (90-94 high school GPA)
NYS: Up to $4,000
Out-of-state/international: Up to $5,500
- St. Lawrence Academy Program (86-89 high school GPA)
NYS: Up to $2,000
Out-of-state/international: Up to $4,500
Priority deadlines: May 1 (fall) / Jan. 1 (spring)
- Provost Program (3.25+ transfer GPA)
Up to $5,000
- Dean’s Program (3.0-3.24 transfer GPA)
Up to $2,500
Together with our generous alumni and supporters, SUNY Potsdam supports continuing students with more than 300 scholarships and awards each spring semester. To be considered, continuing students can ask their academic department and/or Student Affairs about opportunities at the beginning of the spring semester.
- SUNY Potsdam Graduate Scholarship - For prospective graduate students at SUNY Potsdam.
- SUNY Potsdam Graduate Scholarship for International Students - For prospective international graduate students.
- You may consider reviewing these other options.
SUNY Potsdam is continuously seeking qualified students for special scholarships, including hundreds of donor-funded awards ranging from $500 - $2,000.
*NCAA Division III regulations prohibit the consideration of athletic ability, athletic participation, athletic leadership or performance in awarding scholarships.
Here are just a few examples:
- Alumni Association Scholarship: For children or grandchildren of SUNY Potsdam alumni
- Shane T. Shaul Memorial SGA Scholarship: Awarded to a full-time undergraduate student who exhibits outstanding leadership qualities in an SGA recognized student organization and has demonstrated the ability to work effectively with the college faculty, staff, or administration to benefit all students. Apply here at the end of the Fall semester.
- Non-traditional student scholarships: Numerous scholarships to support students who are single parents and students with families who are attending college full-time and working - Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- Burke Scholarship: Established to support a first degree relative of a current, retired or deceased member of the New York Fire Department (FDNY) - Email email@example.com to inquire.
- Haden Land Endowed Internship: Internship scholarship for computer science students, with preference given those with a double major or who are pursuing experiences in the aerospace or defense industry...learn more.
- Jerry & Catherine Welsh Scholarship: For North Country students pursuing a teaching degree, who have completed at least one required course toward their coaching certification - Connect with the School of Education & Professional Studies at the beginning of our spring semester.
- Bonita L. Betters-Reed Leadership Scholarship for Diversity & Inclusion: For students with demonstrated leadership qualities, as well as advocacy for an inclusive campus community - Connect with our Student Affairs office at the beginning of our spring semester.
Applied Learning Funding
SUNY Potsdam’s Lougheed Center for Applied Learning has scholarship and grant funding to help support students’ growth, including funding for:
- professional development opportunities
- study abroad
- creative projects
I am currently fulfilling my goal to study abroad, in the city of Valencia, Spain, while completing my Spanish literature major. This scholarship lightened my financial burden, which allows me to focus more on the most important aspect of college—learning.