Mission Statement: It is the mission of the Financial Aid Office to provide information and access to funding for students in the pursuit of a SUNY Potsdam education and degree. We deliver timely, accurate and transparent financial assistance to prospective, current and former students in a way that is both respectful of and sensitive to confidentiality and diversity. We foster fiscal responsibility for the SUNY Potsdam educational community and maintain the integrity of our programs in compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements and college standards.
The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping you identify the financial resources for which you may be eligible. Our staff will assist you and your family in developing financial plans to pay for an extraordinary future investment - your college education.
- The 2014 Summer Aid Application is now available.
- Reminder: Time to file your FAFSA for the 2014-2015 Academic Year
For important information about completing your FAFSA, read FAFSA Information (PDF).
- Parent Loan: Are you a parent applying for a 2014-15 Federal Direct Parent Loan?
Application is available after May 1, 2014 at studentloans.gov.
- The 2014 Winterim Aid Application is now available
- Fake student loan site steals identities
- Family Weekend Presentation: Surviving Education Debt (PDF)
- New regulations for limits on Direct Subsidized Loans
- NEW Loan Interest Rates; Sequestration Impact
- New regulations for the Federal Pell Grant (PDF) beginning with the 2012-2013 academic year limit the grant to a maximum of twelve full-time semester equivalents.
- Travel Course: To request financial aid for a travel course, you must register for the course and submit a budget adjustment form (available on BearPAWS) with your professor's estimated budget for the trip.
- To complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Federal Title IV School Code: 002850
- To complete your TAP application (New York State Tuition Assistance Program).
TAP Code (undergraduate): 0945
- Need to complete loan requirements (Promissory Note, Exit or Entrance Counseling)?
Expecting a refund? Refunds are processed by the Student Accounts Office on the 4th floor of Raymond Hall.
- Financial Aid not showing up on your bill?
Check here before you pick up the phone.