Faculty from SUNY Potsdam have a number of places to start if they want to live, work, and do research abroad.
- Develop a short-term travel course
For more information about this process and for proposal deadlines and templates, please see the Travel Course Policies and Procedures.
- Make use of existing links with partner universities abroad
SUNY Potsdam faculty have completed reciprocal exchanges with faculty of several of the exchange partners we currently have formal relationships with. Most recently, exchanges have been with:
- Liverpool Hope University in Liverpool UK
- York St. John University in York UK
- Universitat Potsdam in Potsdam Germany
This kind of exchange is most successful if faculty can trade places, teaching some of the courses normally offered and sometimes even trading houses, cars, and pets!
- Fulbright Scholar Program
These programs offer U.S. faculty, administrators and professionals, grants to lecture and/or conduct research in a wide variety of academic and professional fields, or to participate in international seminars. http://www.cies.org/us_scholars/
- Explore SUNY-wide International Initiatives
- Explore the SUNY Collaborative Online International Learning program
- CIEE International Faculty Development Seminars
CIEE International Faculty Development Seminars are in-depth encounters with the people, places, and issues that shape our world. Expect one to two intensive weeks of lectures by local faculty and experts from prestigious institutions, site visits that illuminate ideas explored in those lectures, and opportunities to contribute to lively discussions with international colleagues. Applicants can provide for grant funding to offset some program costs. http://www.ciee.org/IFDS/index.html
For information or assistance, contact:
Director of Applied Learning