Congratulations on your acceptance to SUNY Potsdam!
Are you ready to become a Potsdam Bear? Accept your offer of admission today, and submit your deposit through our student portal. Then, let the world know you’re #PotsdamProud.
Still have questions you need answered?
We look forward to welcoming you to campus.
Get Started Today
Pay your deposit through our student portal.
Step A: Look for the Forms Section, Reply to Offer of Admission or by accessing your decision letter. Within the decision letter, you will see a hyperlink titled: complete your intent to enroll.
Step B: After clicking the intent to enroll form, please indicate whether or not you are accepting our offer of admission. If you are accepting our offer, you will also need to indicate if you plan to live on campus. Please note that unless you are either living locally, are a non-traditional aged student or a transfer student who meets the credit and/or residency requirements, you will be required to live on campus for your freshman year.
Step C: Pay the admissions deposit via credit card. Our tuition and housing deposit is $100. Our tuition deposit is $50.
If you haven’t applied for financial aid yet, we encourage students to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible.
- To complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), use Federal Title IV School Code: 002850
- To complete your TAP application (New York State Tuition Assistance Program), select SUNY Potsdam (SUC Potsdam) / HESC Code: 0945
For more assistance, please visit our Financial Aid webpage.
Once you deposit, you are given access to an @potsdam.edu email address. It’s important that you check this account regularly, as this is how faculty and staff on campus will attempt to contact you. Please also continue to check the email you used on your college application for important information from the Admissions Office.
- Students Move-In: Saturday, January 15 - Sunday, January 16
- First Day of Classes: Tuesday, January 18
Check out the entire Spring calendar here!
- New Students Move-In: Thursday, August 25
- First Day of Classes: Monday, August 29
The entire Fall 2022 calendar will be available soon. Please check back!
All incoming students must provide the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with proof of graduation.
- Final High School Transcripts: An official final transcript (with signature or seal and date of graduation) must be uploaded by your school counselor or sent via postal mail to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- College Transcripts: An official final transcript from all colleges you have attended must be sent directly from institutions’ Registrar's Offices, or emailed from a secure transcript service. Credits will be accepted for coursework completed with a grade of 1.0/D or higher at regionally accredited institutions of postsecondary education.
- AP/IB/CLEP Credits: Please refer here for specific information.
Please send postal mail to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
44 Pierrepont Ave
Potsdam, NY 13647
Connect with us on social media and learn more about what it’s like to be a SUNY Potsdam student! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and on Facebook, or check out our social media feed here. We also have some great videos showcasing student life, campus and our beautiful hometown on our YouTube channel. To connect with your future classmates, you can also join our official SUNY Potsdam Class of 2026 Facebook Student Page or Parent Page.
Once you pay your deposit, you will receive information about Orientation. Orientation is your opportunity to become a part of the Potsdam community. You will speak with an academic advisor who will help you choose and register for classes. The class scheduling portion of orientation will take place before you arrive on campus. Once on campus, you will meet other students and get to know campus programs and services.