We are looking forward to having you back on campus!
There are a lot of elements to preparing to live on campus during the pandemic. We are working hard to adjust processes, ensure the residence halls are safe and clean, train staff to make sure we are prepared to assist you during these difficult times. Thank you for your patience as we work to provide a positive experience for all who wish to return to campus.
Current Updates - Added on 7/8/2020
- We are preparing to house all students who wish to live on campus. Returning students will be housed within the accommodations they’ve already selected (townhouse, suite, standard room, etc) and will have either a single or a double room within this accommodation.
- First year students will be housed in doubles in a standard rooms based on their housing preference.
- New incoming transfer students will be housed in double rooms in a variety of accommodations based on their housing preference.
- Access to residential halls and buildings will be restricted to individuals living there.
- Move-in times will be staggered over several days leading up to Welcome Weekend and the first day of classes, to ensure proper social distancing. Students will be able to sign up for their move-in time in the upcoming weeks.
- Students with health concerns will be supported to complete their studies virtually, or to receive accommodations through the medical housing process.
Learn more about the Potsdam, Prepared plan.
The room rates for the Fall 2020 semester
(Rates represent an approximately 5% increase. These are subject to change with notice.)
Worried about affording campus living? SUNY Potsdam offers special housing awards to offset the cost of residence life room rates for qualified students. To find out more, visit Financial Aid.
|Cost per Sem./Year||Single Rate per Semester/Year ($960 additional each semester.|
|Standard Double (non-suite), Medical Single, Triple||$4075/8150||$5035/$10,070|
|Suite without Bath||$4075/8150||$5035/$10,070|
|Suite with Bath||$4250/$8500||$5210/$10,420|
“You have so many opportunities as such a small school. I love it! I can’t imagine myself being anywhere else.”