The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping you identify the financial resources for which you may be eligible. Our staff will assist you and your family in developing financial plans to pay for an extraordinary future investment - your college education. Our financial aid office is part of the One Stop.
Paying for Potsdam
Stay Connected: Federal Student Aid on Facebook
The official Facebook page of the U.S. Department of Education's office of Federal Student Aid. For more information, go online.
Is it your first time applying for financial aid?
Check out the Federal Student Aid video about the FAFSA Form and FSA ID Tips for Parents.
- The spring 2023 NEW student Excelsior application is now open through February 9, 2023. Current Excelsior recipients should not complete this application. This application is for current students who do not receive Excelsior and those beginning college in spring 2023. Students who plan to start college for the fall 2023 term should NOT complete this application. The 2023-2024 Excelsior application will open in late spring. View this website for more information and the application.
- The 2022-2023 Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) application is now available! This is available to students who are TAP eligible and enrolled in 3-11 credits. Click here for the application, eligibility, and income limits. Deadline to apply for fall 2022 is September 30, 2022. Submit your application AND your parent's 2020 NYS Income Tax Return if you are a dependent or your 2020 NYS Income Tax Return if you are independent to our secure file drop.
- Returning Excelsior students who would like the semester they had a break in attendance or reduced course load to be reviewed for continued eligibility should submit this form with the required documentation.
- The White House recently announced a program to help make high speed internet more affordable to households, including those with Pell Grant recipients. The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which was authorized in the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, provides households a $30 monthly discount on internet services, as well as a one-time $100 discount towards a computer.
- Reminder: It's time to file your FAFSA for the 2022-2023 Academic Year. Go online for important information about completing your FAFSA.
- Parent Loan: Are you a parent applying for a 2022-2023 Federal Direct Parent Loan? The Parent Loan is expected to open on April 1, 2022.
- Selected for Federal Verification? For more information, click here.
- To complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Federal Title IV School Code: 002850
- To complete your TAP application (New York State Tuition Assistance Program).
Select SUNY Potsdam (SUC Potsdam)
- Need to complete loan requirements (Promissory Note, Exit or Entrance Counseling)?
- Need to complete a form (Status Change, Budget Adjustment and more)?
- Expecting a refund?
Refunds are processed by the Student Accounts Office on the 4th floor of Raymond Hall.
- Financial Aid not showing up on your bill?
Check here before you pick up the phone.
- Need to submit documentation to our office?
Access secure file drop location here.