The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping you identify the financial resources for which you may be eligible. Our staff will assist you and your family in developing financial plans to pay for an extraordinary future investment - your college education.
Paying for Potsdam
Stay Connected: Federal Student Aid on Facebook
The official Facebook page of the U.S. Department of Education's office of Federal Student Aid. For more information, go online.
Is it your first time applying for financial aid?
Check out the Federal Student Aid video about the FAFSA Form and FSA ID Tips for Parents.
Prospective college students are also invited to attend an evening virtual event hosted by the One Stop Office.
- Tuesday, December 7 at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 9 at 6:30 p.m.
- Effective for the 2021-2022 Academic Year ONLY - As of July 13, 2021, the U.S. Department of Education is WAIVING Federal Verification Requirements for MOST STUDENTS*
Students whose FAFSA’S were selected (or will be selected) for Standard Federal Verification will NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE 2019 Income Tax documents OR a Federal Verification Worksheet to the Financial Aid Office.
The Financial Aid Office will be updating Outstanding Requirements in the Bear Paws portal to reflect that these requirements are waived and no longer required to be provided by the student
* A small number of students who are selected for Verification for the purpose of supplying Identity and High School Completion documentation will STILL BE REQUIRED to SUBMIT those items and your Bear Paws portal will reflect this.
- The 2021-2022 Aid for Part Time Study application (PDF) is now available for NY State residents attending less than full time. Funds are limited and awarded on a first come, first servced basis. Access secure file drop location here.
- 2021 summer financial aid information is now available. Please review our Summer Aid Checklist for more information.
- Need help? Contact One Stop via email or by phone at (315) 267-2943. Virtual "walk-in" support is also available. Learn More
- Reminder: It's time to file your FAFSA for the 2021-2022 Academic Year. Go online for important information about completing your FAFSA.
- Parent Loan: Are you a parent applying for a 2020-2021 Federal Direct Parent Loan? Parents may apply for 2020-2021 Parent PLUS Loans online..
- Selected for Federal Verification? For more information, click here..
- To complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Federal Title IV School Code: 002850
- To complete your TAP application (New York State Tuition Assistance Program).
Select SUNY Potsdam (SUC Potsdam)
- Need to complete loan requirements (Promissory Note, Exit or Entrance Counseling)?
- Need to complete a form (Status Change, Budget Adjustment and more)?
- Expecting a refund?
Refunds are processed by the Student Accounts Office on the 4th floor of Raymond Hall.
- Financial Aid not showing up on your bill?
Check here before you pick up the phone.
- Need to submit documentation to our office?
Access secure file drop location here.