The Financial Aid Office is committed to helping you identify the financial resources for which you may be eligible. Our staff will assist you and your family in developing financial plans to pay for an extraordinary future investment - your college education.
Stay Connected: Federal Student Aid on Facebook
The official Facebook page of the U.S. Department of Education's office of Federal Student Aid. For more information, go online.
- Financial Aid office and phone hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (except holidays). The office opens at 10 a.m. on Wednesdays.
- The 2019 Summer Aid Application and Checklist are now available. Learn More & Apply
- View New York State Excelsior Scholarship Information
- Reminder: Time to file your FAFSA for the 2019-2020 Academic Year. Go to studentaid.ed.gov for important information about completing your FAFSA.
- There is still time to file your FAFSA for 2018-2019. We must receive your FAFSA at least two weeks before the end of classes to process a federal loan on your behalf.
- Parent Loan: Are you a parent applying for a 2018-2019 Federal Direct Parent Loan? Parents may apply for 2018-2019 Parent PLUS Loans at studentloans.gov. The Parent PLUS loan application for 2019-2020 will be available after April 1, 2019.
- Selected for Federal Verification? For more information click here.
- New regulations for limits on Direct Subsidized Loans
- To complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Federal Title IV School Code: 002850
- To complete your TAP application (New York State Tuition Assistance Program).
Select SUNY Potsdam (SUC Potsdam)
- Need to complete loan requirements (Promissory Note, Exit or Entrance Counseling)?
- Need to complete a form (Status Change, Budget Adjustment and more)?
- Expecting a refund?
Refunds are processed by the Student Accounts Office on the 4th floor of Raymond Hall.
- Financial Aid not showing up on your bill?
Check here before you pick up the phone.
Mission Statement: It is the mission of the Financial Aid Office to provide information and access to funding for students in the pursuit of a SUNY Potsdam education and degree. We deliver timely, accurate and transparent financial assistance to prospective, current and former students in a way that is both respectful of and sensitive to confidentiality and diversity. We foster fiscal responsibility for the SUNY Potsdam educational community and maintain the integrity of our programs in compliance with all federal and state regulatory requirements and college standards.