Travel cards are used while you are in travel status (engaged in State business travel at least 35 miles from campus), and can be used for almost all travel related expenses in accordance with state/campus policies. This includes conference registration, lodging, meals, parking, rental vehicles, gas (for rental vehicle only). Tcards must be used when purchasing airfare through the NYS contract agency.
When using your Tcard, remember:
- Your Tcard is to be used for your expenses only
- Make sure you have an approved Travel Requisition, knowing the funding amount you are receiving
- Know your lodging and meal per diem rates prior to your trip
- Use tax exempt forms while traveling in NYS for lodging, meals, rental vehicle etc.
- Obtain itemized receipts for all expenses charged to your Tcard
- Complete the Employee Report of Travel Expenses Claim form no later than 5 business days from the return of your trip