WellNYS Everyday is a Work-Life Services/Employee Assistance Program wellness initiative dedicated to educating, engaging and empowering New York State employees and their families by encouraging participation in healthy behaviors.
The September Monthly Challenge is to "Focus on Foot Health and Posture". The Daily To-Do's include a variety of suggestions on how to promote foot health and good posture.
Participate every day this month by doing the following:
- Practice the WellNYS Daily To-Do. If you like an extra challenge, try the Go Beyond the Challenge starting on the 21st of the month.
- Check off that you did the Daily To-Do on the Monthly Challenge tracking form that can be found at wellnys.goer.ny.gov/.
- Ask your wellness partner, did you do the WellNYS Daily To-Do?
The goal of the WellNYS Everyday Monthly Challenge is to practice the healthy behavior for at least 20 days of each month (it doesn't have to be consecutive days), which is the estimated time it takes to form a habit. Try Beyond the Challenge for the last 10 days of each month, then register for the next month.
Heather West , Wellness Ambassador
The Department of Health continues to work with EAP to provide the Walk With Ease (WWE) Program. This self-directed program can be done at your own time, at your own pace over six weeks. Participants are encouraged to walk up to 30-minutes, three times per week. However, the program can be modified to suit your individual needs and goals.
The program was designed for adults with arthritis but is appropriate for most adults regardless of disability status.
WWE Can Help You:
- Reduce pain, stiffness, and other arthritis symptoms
- Improve balance and flexibility
- Increase strength
- Increase walking pace
- Be more active and independent
Upon registering, participants receive a free guidebook in the mail which provides tips on getting more physically active, a stretching and strengthening routine, and information on health-related topics.