In accordance with the Office of Government Relations, airfare purchased using State, IFR or Dorm funds must be arranged through the New York State Contract vendor and purchased using the traveler's Citibank Travel Card. Airfare not purchased through our State contract vendor will NOT be reimbursed to the traveler.
State Contract Travel Agency
Travel Agent Services Contract can be viewed at:
To purchase airfare with State funds, you need to have a Citibank Travel Card. Click here (PDF) for application.
Before completing the following steps, please make sure your travel requisition (estimate of total expenses) with proper funding and signatures has been received by Purchasing and Payables.
You will need to be set up with a profile with Concur through Direct Travel. Purchasing and Payables will give your profile information to Direct Travel. You will then receive an email with a welcome letter attached, welcoming you to Concur - follow the prompts in the letter to activate your profile. Once your profile is activated you can then book your flight through the link in the welcome letter or by going to http://www.concursolutions.com
You may also call the NYS Contract Travel Agency and ask for the NYS Reservations Department. If flying internationally, ask for an International travel counselor.
- Your travel counselor will quote the State contract price through Syracuse for your destination, if available. If you choose to fly out of another airport in NYS, ask for the State contract rate from that airport.
- If there is no State contract flight available for your destination, the travel agency will arrange a flight at the lowest price available. If you have found a flight elsewhere at a reasonable price, ask travel agency to match price.
- After making your arrangements with the travel counselor, ask to have a fax or e-mail of the itinerary sent to you. Inspect the itinerary carefully to make sure the arrangements are perfect before you give your final approval. Once a non-contract flight is booked, it cannot be changed without paying a change fee (currently $100.00, subject to increase).
- Give the travel agent your Citibank Travel card number to book your flight.
- Electronic tickets will be issued whenever possible. Please print out your copy to bring with you to the airport for check-in at the ticket counter with your picture ID and Passport (if applicable). Forward a copy of your ticketed itinerary to Natalie Gravlin (firstname.lastname@example.org), as this will be used as a receipt when processing Citibank payment. If paper tickets are required, they will be provided per the "Travel Document Delivery" terms detailed on page 10 of the contract. There are several advantages to using State contract pricing and State contract vendors to book flights. They are:
- Tickets are fully refundable & changeable on State contract flights should the traveler need to cancel or change their flight arrangements due to emergencies, schedule changes, meeting cancellations, etc. which could amount to considerable cost savings to the State.
- Arrangements for trips do not require a Saturday overnight to obtain the best rate for State contract flights. No minimum stay requirements on State Contract flights.
- No advance purchase requirements for booking State contract flights.
- Ticket costs will be direct billed to your Citi Travel Card to avoid charging to personal credit cards.
- Contract travel agencies will assist you in any way necessary throughout the course of your trip.
- Contract agencies have access to discounted lodging directories.
- Contract agencies will provide services for hotels, rental car, etc. at no additional cost.