Our campus has made a necessary adjustment with the major/minor processing timeline due to impacts on financial aid/scholarships.
Effective Spring 2022 for major/minor change requests:
- If received prior to and through week 1 of the semester, the major/minor change will be effective for the current semester
- If received after week 1 of the semester, the major/minor change will be effective the next academic term
If an exception to the timing is necessary, in consultation with financial aid, the major/minor change could be allowed. You will be able to see their new advisor in BearDeN immediately after processing regardless of effective term and will be able to register for major restricted courses for the upcoming term without error.
Add or Change your Major/Minor
Please follow the major specific processes below.
To drop an Education major:
- Complete this online form
- Be sure to click Submit at the bottom of the form
To complete any change to major or minor:
- Download the appropriate form (Degree Major Change Form OR Degree Minor/Concentration/Track Change Form; also available online in The Quad - Current Crane Students).
- Fill out your portion
- Scan or take a picture of the form
- Email it from your SUNY Potsdam email account to Associate Dean Heuser