Dear Faculty & Staff,
This email confirms that you are required to participate in surveillance COVID-19 testing on Monday, February 8. Please note that the location of the drop box has moved from Maxcy Hall to the Raymond Hall lobby in order to accommodate the needs of the vaccine clinic. I appreciate your flexibility as we navigate the logistics of the clinic as well as testing. Employees are dropping off tests without labeling and/or registering with SUNY Upstate Medical. You must ensure you are doing both steps so we know who the test is associated with and can properly contact trace.
Location of Drop Box (please read carefully as the location has changed)
The drop box will be located in the Raymond Hall lobby.
You may drop your test off on Monday, February 8 between the hours of 6am to 4pm. If you drop off a test after 4pm it will not be included in the sampling.
Instructions for Drop Off
- You MUST register your test with SUNY Upstate Medical
- You MUST put your name and date of birth on the test tube (labels were provided)
What shouldn’t I do before my test?
- No tooth brushing or mouthwash (within 3 hours before): You should not have brushed your teeth or used mouthwash within the past 3 hours before submitting your test
- No eating or drinking (within 30 minutes before): You must not eat or drink anything, including chewing gum, mints, or lozenges, for 30 minutes prior to your test
- No smoking/vaping (within 30 minutes before): You must abstain from smoking, vaping, or using smokeless tobacco products for 30 minutes prior to the test
If you are feeling ill or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 please do not report to campus for a test. Contact Human Resources immediately to discuss next steps. You will only be contacted if your testing pool has tested positive. Please click here to view the case details.