January 22, 2021
New testing protocols for employees
Effective February 1, 2021, all faculty and staff reporting to campus for work must be tested for COVID-19 every week going forward.
This change comes following SUNY Chancellor Jim Malatras’ new requirement for students to be tested each week. Per the memoranda of understanding between New York State and UUP, PEF, CSEA and PBA, testing will be no less frequent than that which occurs for the student population. The same guidelines will apply to M/C employees. As a reminder, at this time, the weekly testing will continue through June 30, 2021.
The process for self-administration will remain the same:
- You will receive an email reminder from Human Resources when you need to submit a test.
- The test dropbox is located in Maxcy Hall, at the top of the main entrance ramp.
- There will be COVID-19 tests available at the drop box. You should only take one test, as there is only enough for one per employee.
- Drop off will now be on Mondays, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m., in order to accommodate the need to get the tests to SUNY Upstate Medical in a timely manner.
- Don’t forget to register each test with SUNY Upstate Medical.
- Don’t forget to label your test tube with your sticker label listing your name and date of birth.
- You must still be tested even if you have received your vaccine.
- You will only be contacted if you are in a positive pool. As a reminder, you can track the case details here.
- Don’t forget that the COVID-19 tests should not be frozen!
Should you have any questions, please contact Melissa Proulx, Director of Human Resources.