Joint Childhood/Early Childhood Education Program (B.A. degree) with Jefferson Community College
- Earn your bachelor’s degree in childhood/early childhood education in Watertown, thanks to an expanded partnership between SUNY Potsdam and Jefferson Community College!
- Successful students are recommended to New York State for certification in both early childhood (birth to Grade 2) and childhood education (Grades 1 through 6).
- One specialization area is required (English and history are recommended).
- All regular coursework is offered in Watertown! Students only need to come to the Potsdam campus for one upper-level student teaching seminar.
- Student teaching placements available throughout Jefferson and Lewis counties.
- Bachelor’s graduates can then pursue SUNY Potsdam graduate education programs offered in Watertown, including master’s degrees and an advanced certificate: http://www.potsdam.edu/academics/watertown/programs/graduate.
For course equivalency tables and details on the program, please visit the joint degree page on the JCC website.
“I really enjoyed the classes that I took at SUNY Potsdam. They really help the individual see how they want to be a teacher, and provide the opportunities to further that passion for teaching. I’m going to be grateful for the rest of my life!” SUNY Potsdam Alumna Elizabeth Hudson