Joint Business Administration Program (B.S. degree) with Jefferson Community College
- Earn your bachelor’s degree in business administration all in Watertown, thanks to a partnership between SUNY Potsdam and Jefferson Community College!
- Evening, weekend and online courses are available for the convenience of working professionals.
- This flexible program makes it possible for students to go straight from earning their associate degrees at JCC to completing their bachelor’s with SUNY Potsdam, all in four years.
- Part-time students can also benefit from evening and online course offerings, designed to help those who need to balance education with work and family.
Course Equivalents between JCC and SUNY Potsdam
The following major course requirements should be completed when students enter the "SUNY Potsdam" phase of the program.
Jefferson Community College Course
SUNY Potsdam Course Equivalent
|ECO 101||Macroeconomics||ECON 110||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|ECO 102||Microeconomics||ECON 105||Principles of Microeconomics|
|ACC 101||Accounting 101||ACCT 201||Principles of Accounting I|
|ACC 102||Accounting 102||ACCT 202||Principles of Accounting II|
|BUS 124||Marketing I*||MKTG 301||Principles of Marketing|
|BUS 131||Principles of Management*||MGMT 301||Principles of Management|
|BUS 211||Business Law I*||MGMT 330||Legal Environment of Business|
|BUS 221||Human Resource Management*||EMRE 330||Human Resources Management|
|MTH 144||Statistics||STAT 100 or MATH 125||Statistics|
* Course does not count as upper-division credit.
Courses for your Convenience
Evening, weekend and online courses are offered for the convenience of adult students. This includes SUNY Potsdam's upper division courses leading to the B.S. in business administration degree.
Amount of Time to Complete Degree
You can complete your B.S. degree with SUNY Potsdam in three years or less, provided that you have completed an Associate of Science (A.S.) degree in business administration. The exact amount of time will depend on the number of courses completed each semester (fall and spring).
View Watertown Business Administration (B.S.) Degree Completion Planning Guide
For course equivalency tables and details on the program, please visit the joint degree page on the JCC website.