Instagram Combined Shape quotation Created with Sketch. 69

Leave of Absence/ Withdrawal Information

Undergraduate matriculated students who decide to interrupt or terminate their studies at SUNY Potsdam should go to:

Withdrawal/Leave of Absence Application

Please contact the College's Withdrawal Officer, Sean Partridge, to discuss any circumstances.

You should know:

  • Students registered at SUNY Potsdam but attending off-campus programs should not complete a Leave of Absence form.
  • Students in the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) should consult with their EOP counselor to determine eligibility for future EOP funding before formally withdrawing.
  • International Students must consult with the Office of International Education, 107 Crumb Library, before completing forms.

Consequences for leaving without going through this process:

  • Students who leave without notifying the College and/or without completing the necessary form may encounter unexpected complications and/or difficulties with their enrollment and/or financial status.
  • ALL students should contact the Office of Student Accounts before leaving the College to check on the state of their financial accounts.
  • Unresolved bills may result in serious consequences such as the delinquent account being sent to the State Attorney General's Office for collection.