Instagram Combined Shape quotation Created with Sketch. 69

Transferring Credits

At SUNY Potsdam, we understand that many students take advanced coursework while in high school. Depending on the grade or score a student has earned, we will evaluate and award credit to a student.

Please note that in order to receive credit for an examination, a student must provide official score reports to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.


AP Credits

To view how AP credits are assigned, please view our AP credit chart


College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Credit

To view how CLEP credits are assigned, please view our CLEP credit chart


International Baccalaureate Program (IB)

College credit for Standard and Higher level IB subjects will be granted on a course-by-course evaluation for each subject in which a student earns a score of four (satisfactory) to seven (excellent). In order to gain credit, students must have both a final high school transcript and official IB score report/transcript sent directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. In most cases, a one-year IB course will transfer for three to four semester hours of credit and a two-year IB course will transfer for six to eight semester hours of credit in the course discipline. IB credit may be applied toward General Education requirements, major/minor requirements or electives.


College Credits

Credits will be accepted for course work completed with a grade of 1.0/D or higher at regionally accredited institutions of postsecondary education. In order to transfer these credits, students must request official college/university transcripts to be mailed (or emailed from a secure transcript service) directly to the Office of Admissions. 

Course Equivalency Tables