The SUNY Potsdam Alumni Association takes great pride in offering to the children, grandchildren and even parents of the college's alumni the opportunity to compete for a scholarship at SUNY Potsdam. The scholarship is valued at a minimum of $1,000 for one year. This is a one-time award for any student.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
In order to be considered for the scholarship, an individual must:
- Be the child, grandchild or parent of a SUNY Potsdam graduate
- Be nominated by said SUNY Potsdam graduate
- Be an incoming freshman, incoming transfer student, or current student
- Submit a Completed scholarship application including academic credentials for review by the Alumni Association Scholarship Committee
- Agree to release his or her name for any college-initiated publicity
- Graduate students who are SUNY Potsdam alumni may nominate themselves.
The following information MUST be included with the application and submitted by the March 1 deadline:
- Official application
- High school and college transcripts, if applicable
- If you have completed less than three college academic semesters, a high school transcript is required
- Resume which includes:
- documented leadership capabilities
- documented participation in any high school, college (if applicable) and community activities
- work experience
- Letter of support including justification submitted by the nominator (Potsdam alum)
- A minimum of two additional letters of support/recommendation
- Incoming Student/Current Undergraduate or Graduate Student:
In a minimum of 250 words, write two (2) well developed paragraphs that address items A and B.
- How have the challenges of this past year personally impacted your life and educational goals?
- Why have you chosen to attend SUNY Potsdam?
- Any additional information the applicant would like to submit to the Committee for consideration (i.e. additional letters of recommendation, awards, etc.)
- NOTE: It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the SUNY Potsdam Alumni Relations Office receives ALL required documentation by the MARCH 1 deadline. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the application.
- Applicants will be notified in late March of the committee’s decision.