The SUNY Potsdam Alumni Association takes great pride in offering to the children, grandchildren and even parents of the college's alumni the opportunity to compete for a scholarship at SUNY Potsdam. The scholarship is valued at a minimum of $1,000 for one year. This is a one-time award for any student.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
In order to be considered for the scholarship, an individual must:
- Be the child, grandchild or parent of a SUNY Potsdam graduate
- Be nominated by said SUNY Potsdam graduate
- Be an incoming freshman, incoming transfer student, or current student
- Submit a Completed scholarship application including academic credentials for review by the Alumni Association Scholarship Committee
- Agree to release his or her name for any college-initiated publicity
- Graduate students who are SUNY Potsdam alumni may nominate themselves.
The following information MUST be included with the application and submitted by the March 1 deadline:
- Official application
- High school and college transcripts, if applicable
- If you have completed less than three college academic semesters, a high school transcript is required
- Resume which includes:
- documented leadership capabilities
- documented participation in any high school, college (if applicable) and community activities
- work experience
- Letter of support including justification submitted by the nominator (Potsdam alum)
- A minimum of two additional letters of support/recommendation
- Incoming Student/Current Undergraduate or Graduate Student:
Completion of an essay (250 words minimum). Topic: “In your own opinion, where have you made the greatest personal impact in your academic, family, community or work life? How does that experience align with your goals or purpose at SUNY Potsdam?"
- Any additional information the applicant would like to submit to the Committee for consideration (i.e. additional letters of recommendation, awards, etc.)
- NOTE: It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the SUNY Potsdam Alumni Relations Office receives ALL required documentation by the MARCH 1 deadline. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the application.
- Applicants will be notified in late March of the committee’s decision.
Please submit applications electronically to email@example.com.