To get automatic approval into the Handshake system and have full use of the system immediately, register using your @potsdam.edu account.
If you are an alum who would like obtain a SUNY Potsdam email account, contact the Alumni Relations Office for assistance at (315) 267-2120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Potsdam alumni have lifetime use of their @potsdam.edu email account.
- Request Handshake Account
- Choose State University of New York System – College at Potsdam from the list and read instructions
- Complete the registration details and click Create Account
If you used your @potsdam.edu email account, you will be automatically approved. If you used an email other than your @potsdam.edu account, you will not have access to full features of SUNY Potsdam’s account until Alumni Relations verifies and approves the request. Such features include: Jobs/Internships, Events, Career Fairs and Approved Employers.
While they wait for your approval, you will be able to:
- Update profile
- Upload a resume
- Search for career fairs across the network
Register for Handshake
As an alum, we look forward to working with you to advertise your job, volunteer, or internship opportunities to current students and fellow alumni. To post jobs, you will need to create an employer account in Handshake. Here, you will have the opportunity to tailor your posting and circulate to specific class years. Candidates can apply directly on Handshake and submissions will sync with your email.
- Register on Handshake
- Enter your work email address, create and confirm a password, and click Sign Up. Follow the prompts to create your new employer account in Handshake
- Once confirmed, you will receive an email which will to include follow-up steps to finalize your account. You will then need to add State University of New York at Potsdam when asked to Connect with Schools in Handshake
Post a Job
The term Job applies to internships and volunteer opportunities. When creating the job posting you will have an opportunity to categorize the type of opportunity you are posting.
- Login on Handshake
Click Post a Job from the home page, OR click Jobs on the left-hand navigation bar, then select Create Job toward right hand corner
You will be asked to complete: Job Basics, Job Details, and Job Preferences
Once completed, click Create
Career Services will review your posting for approval and then students and alumni will have access to the opportunities you made available!