To get automatic approval into the Handshake system and have full use of the system immediately, register using your @potsdam.edu account.
If you are an alum who would like obtain a SUNY Potsdam email account, contact the Alumni Relations Office for assistance at (315) 267-2120 or email email@example.com. NOTE: Potsdam alumni have lifetime use of their @potsdam.edu email account.
- Request Handshake Account
- Choose State University of New York System – College at Potsdam from the list and read instructions
- Complete the registration details and click Create Account
If you used your @potsdam.edu email account, you will be automatically approved. If you used an email other than your @potsdam.edu account, you will not have access to full features of SUNY Potsdam’s account until Alumni Relations verifies and approves the request. Such features include: Jobs/Internships, Events, Career Fairs and Approved Employers.
While they wait for your approval, you will be able to:
- Update profile
- Upload a resume
- Search for career fairs across the network
Register for Handshake
As an alum, we look forward to working with you to advertise your job, volunteer, or internship opportunities to current students and fellow alumni. To post jobs, you will need to create an employer account in Handshake. Here, you will have the opportunity to tailor your posting and circulate to specific class years. Candidates can apply directly on Handshake and submissions will sync with your email.
- Register on Handshake
- Enter your work email address, create and confirm a password, and click Sign Up. Follow the prompts to create your new employer account in Handshake
- Once confirmed, you will receive an email which will to include follow-up steps to finalize your account. You will then need to add State University of New York at Potsdam when asked to Connect with Schools in Handshake
Post a Job
The term Job applies to internships and volunteer opportunities. When creating the job posting you will have an opportunity to categorize the type of opportunity you are posting.
- Login on Handshake
Click Post a Job from the home page, OR click Jobs on the left-hand navigation bar, then select Create Job toward right hand corner
You will be asked to complete: Job Basics, Job Details, and Job Preferences
Once completed, click Create
Career Services will review your posting for approval and then students and alumni will have access to the opportunities you made available!
If you are an alum who would like to obtain a SUNY Potsdam email account, contact the Alumni Relations Office at (315) 267-2120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Potsdam alumni have lifetime use of their potsdam.edu email accounts. You can access your SUNY Potsdam email account by logging in at http://portal.office.com.
If you are unable to login, or if you have not set up security questions, CTS can attempt to override your password. There are two options for this.
- Visit, in person, the CTS Helpdesk in Stillman Hall OR the Reference Desk in the Lougheed Learning Commons with photo ID and they can do it for you.
If you are unable to visit campus in person, you will need to send CTS a password reset form via email or U.S. mail which is available here: https://www2.potsdam.edu/cts/pdf/PasswordResetForm.pdf
If you have questions about the status of your request, reply to the message that will be automatically generated when CTS receives your form.
As life takes you in many directions, your e-mail address will remain a constant connection. Be sure to join the We also SUNY Potsdam Alumni Group and Page on Facebook, along with the SUNY Potsdam Alumni LinkedIn Group.
NOTE: Your account gives you access to:
- Handshake job posting platform https://app.joinhandshake.com/login
- A potsdam.edu email account http://portal.office.com
- Wireless network access on campus https://www.potsdam.edu/cts/services/wirelessnetwork
- View your academic records (1992 and newer) http://bearpaws.potsdam.edu