Course attributes are alphanumeric fields attached to courses that facilitate grouping of data in the schedule of classes. The Diversity Attribute (dei) does not have any curricular requirements and is not associated in any way with Potsdam Pathways or General Education. Attributes found in the SUNY Potsdam schedule of classes include Service Learning (sl) Women’s Studies Multicultural (wsm) and Women and Gender Studies (ws).
Attributes help students sort through the schedule of classes for specific types of classes. The Diversity Attribute will help students looking for diversity-rich courses find your class more easily.
Use the Diversity Attribute Checklist (PDF) to help guide you in your course/syllabus preparation. You may also use the examples of diversity-rich course syllabi below as guides.
Examples of Diversity Rich Syllabi
To have your diversity-rich course(s) appear in the fall 2020 schedule of classes, submit your syllabus by Monday, January 27 using the link below. You may submit syllabi for subsequent semesters at any point (future deadlines TBD). The Diversity Attribute Review Committee will review your syllabus using the Diversity Attribute Checklist (PDF). You will be notified whether or not you receive the attribute in time for the rollout of the fall 2020 schedule of classes.
How to Apply
- Review Diversity Attribute Checklist (PDF). Make sure you have completed each step.
- Gather your submission materials.
- Select the Submit button below (to open a new Outlook email).
- Attach materials to email.
- Include a Subject line as follows (Semester - The semester you are requesting the application of the attribute):
- Name, Course Number and Title, Semester (ex: Sharlee Thomas, EDUC 320 Educational Assessment, Fall 2020)
- Send email.
**If using Gmail, O365 (Outlook), etc., copy and paste the following address into your email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions, please contact Ananta Adhikari.