Hello and Welcome!
By choosing SUNY Potsdam, you will be taking a positive step towards completing your academic career. At this point, we want to help you take the next steps toward becoming a member of the Potsdam academic community.
Entering a new university in a new country is an exciting, busy and sometimes stressful experience. New academic policies, new people, new customs and for some, a new language can be confusing and frustrating. We want to make sure your adjustment to SUNY Potsdam is as smooth as possible!
Before you begin in your journey to SUNY Potsdam you will have to complete the steps below. (Click links below to go to each page)
- Complete Immigration Steps
- Activate Your Student Account
- Make plans to attend the International Orientation
During Orientation, you will learn about academic and immigration requirements, paying your bill, opening a bank account, adjusting your class schedule, meeting your advisor and much more. The international student orientation fee of $50 will be added to your student account. This fee includes materials and meals during orientation.
- Begin to Make Travel Arrangements
- Fill out the health requirements for attending SUNY Potsdam online at BearPAWS
- International student health insurance coverage
- Complete the online Housing Registration form on BearPAWS
- Sign up for a Meal Plan and Bear Express on BearPAWS
- Submit your photo and order your SUNY Card (student ID card)
- Registering for Classes
- Order your books online through the College Store (optional)
- Apply for a Canadian Visitor Visa (optional, and only if required) or complete the eTA process (only if applicable)
- Apply for an International Driving Permit or IDP (optional, only if applicable)
- Mobile phone information
- Academic Calendar
- Campus map
- Check your SUNY Potsdam email daily