The Faculty Handbook is to be used as a convenient source of general information. It is designed as a reference source for policies and procedures, available services and facilities, and other matters of interest at SUNY Potsdam. It is also intended to assist faculty and staff in their day-to-day responsibilities and in understanding their privileges and benefits as a member of the professional staff. The term Faculty as used in this Handbook includes all employees occupying positions designated by the Chancellor of the State University of New York as being in the unclassified service (i.e., includes all members of the professional staff). No handbook of this nature can anticipate all contingencies, of course, or can it answer all questions which may arise. Information about matters not covered in the Handbook may be obtained directly from appropriate college officials. In addition, policies and procedures are subject to change from time to time. Whenever such changes occur, appropriate descriptive materials will be forwarded to each member of the faculty for inclusion in the Handbook.
- Important Telephone Numbers / Web Addresses
- Chapter I - Organization and Governance
- Chapter II - Appointment and Employment
- Chapter III - Evaluation and Promotion
- Chapter IV - Compensation
- Chapter V - Health, Dental, Vision and Flex Spending Accounts
- Chapter VI - Retirement, Disability and Death Benefits
- Chapter VII - Optional Group Benefits
- Chapter VIII - Attendance and Leave Benefits
- Chapter IX - College Facilities and Services
- Chapter X - Campus Policies
- Chapter XI - Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
- Chapter XII - Policy Directives
For more information, please contact the Melissa Proulx, Assistant Vice President for Administration and Human Resources.