Cross-registration is an opportunity open to students, faculty and staff of the member institutions of the Associated Colleges of the St. Lawrence Valley. The program makes it possible for any matriculated full-time student or full-time staff member at one of the four colleges of the consortium to enroll in a course offered by another institution, improving the depth and variety of the academic program available in the North Country. There is no charge to cross-register for courses as long as the individual meets the eligibility requirements. Cross-registrants do have to pay any special fees, such as fees for labs, application or registration.
Your role as an instructor of the cross-registered class:
- Students who cross-register into your class will be added as a non-matriculated student and will appear on your class roster. These students will be added no earlier than one week before classes begin thus giving your institution's students the opportunity to register for your course first.
- If a course is full, cross-registering students will be notified, and will need your signature on an add/drop form to enroll in your class. An email sent to your Registrar will be accepted in lieu of an add/drop form.
- Your signature will no longer be needed on the cross-registration form. The student's faculty adviser will ensure the student has met any prerequisites needed for your course by signing the cross-registration form. (Students matriculated at St. Lawrence University and Clarkson University must also get the signature of the appropriate chairperson.)
- Students will appear on your grade rosters and you will assign a grade during your normal grading process.
- For every cross-registered student in your class, an official transcript will be sent to the student's home institution at the end of the semester and the student will receive transfer credit.
Your role as a student's faculty adviser:
- As a faculty adviser, you must sign your advisee's cross-registration form to insure that the proposed course satisfies the student's program and credit-hour requirements, and that the student has met all course prerequisites. A student should be advised to take the course at the home institution, and not to cross-register for a course, if there is an appropriate choice available. (Students matriculated at St. Lawrence University and Clarkson University must also get the signature of the appropriate chairperson.)