April 6, 2021
As a follow up to the email sent this morning regarding telecommuting and the phased return to campus, please start to work with your staff to develop a plan to transition back to campus.
Some important things to consider while developing your staffing plan:
- The plan should take into consideration your office size and location.
- Daily staffing must be no more than 50 percent of the fire occupancy for the space. Questions regarding the occupancy limits should be directed to Patrick O’Brien, Director, Environmental Health and Safety.
- Teaching modality will not change from what is currently established for the Spring 2021 semester.
- You may elect to create a hybrid schedule by staggering reporting to/departure from the office or alternating in-office and telecommuting days among employees.
- Review this Guide to Returning to the Workplace again for additional information.
- All public health guidelines will remain in place, including requirements for face coverings and social/physical distancing measures.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and/or a face covering can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All employees returning to campus must complete the daily health screening in accordance with the Guide to Returning to the Workplace.
- All employees reporting to campus are mandated to participate in weekly COVID-19 surveillance testing. Here is a link to the COVID-19 Testing Toolkit.
- All employees are required to complete the Returning to the Workplace training through BizLibrary. Questions regarding BizLibrary compliance training should be directed to Jennifer Murray
For staff that express concerns about returning to campus, there are a number of useful resources available here for their use.
It is important that you let me know who is returning to campus and when, to ensure participation in mandatory weekly surveillance testing and so that HR can provide each employee with pre-printed labels for the test.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Assistant Vice President for Administration and Human Resources